mibble-users

Re: [Mibble-users] Non strict MIB parsing

From: Per Cederberg
Subject: Re: [Mibble-users] Non strict MIB parsing
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 09:58:54 +0100

Non-strict mode has not been implemented, unfortunately. What is the
exact problem reported? If it is missing symbol imports, the solution
might be to edit the MibAnalyzer.java file a bit. Check out line 413
and onwards:

        if (addMissingSmi) {
            // TODO: Ugly hack that adds a "hidden" SNMPv1 SMI as the last
            //       import, but without any named symbols (triggering
            //       warnings for each symbol used).
            imp = new MibImport(loader, getLocation(node),
"RFC1155-SMI", new ArrayList());
            loader.scheduleLoad(imp.getName());
            currentMib.addImport(imp);
            imports.add(imp);
        }

Feel free to extend this hack by adding other automatic MIB imports
that might have been omitted from the file by mistake.

Cheers,

/Per