mibble-users

Re: [Mibble-users] Error while loading cisco mib.

From: Richard E. Brown
Subject: Re: [Mibble-users] Error while loading cisco mib.
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 08:18:21 -0500

Hello Pasquale,

> i have a little problem whit using the program browser.
> When I load the file "CISCO-STACK-MIB-V1SMI.my" this is the error:
> Error: in Scrivania/RFC/CISCO-VTP-MIB-V1SMI.my: line 12:
>     couldn't find referenced MIB 'SNMPv2-TC-v1'
>
>            FROM SNMPv2-TC-v1

I can only give general advice, but here are some thoughts:

1) The order that you load MIB files make a difference. Be sure that you have
loaded the named MIBs before you load the Cisco MIB.

2) I note that the MIB you're working with is a "V1" MIB. Is there a reason
that you cannot use the Cisco V2 MIB? Cisco has the MIB at this page - it also
has links to the other MIBs you'll need:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseMIB.do?local=en&mibName=CISCO-STACK-MIB

Best regards,

Rich Brown
Dartware, LLC

PS Dartware has tweaked Mibble to make it easier to load/retain the MIBs that
you are working with. This might make it easier for you to work with these
MIBs. We have submitted these changes back to Per Cederberg, but you can
retrieve these modifications (with easily double-clickable versions for
Windows, Mac, and Unix) at our site:

http://www.intermapper.com/custom-probes-a-snmp/683-mibble