mibble-users

[Mibble-users] parsing when there is no root symbol

From: Matthew Walker
Subject: [Mibble-users] parsing when there is no root symbol
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 09:48:46 -0500

Morning all..

I've encountered an odd MIB that I could use some insight on. My implementation (using mibble-2.9.3) is correctly only finding one OID from this MIB since the there is no true RootSymbol here.. Being void of a MODULE-IDENTITY mibble seems to target the first OBJECT in the MIB 'pbtBatMeasurementInterval' as the RootSymbol. Since this OBJECT has no children, my code only finds the one entry..

Is it standard to have OIDs out there without MODULE-IDENTITY?

If so, I'm curious what code is used to parse them when there is no hierarchy from which to build an OID tree?

Much thanks and here is the vendor's MIB that I'm trying to parse.

The MIB Browser shows them all under a 'VALUES' node - so I think my code is perhaps not adapting well..

-Matthew