mibble-users

[Mibble-users] Getting information about InetAddress from Mibble Parser

From: mayuresh randive
Subject: [Mibble-users] Getting information about InetAddress from Mibble Parser
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 18:54:20 -0700

Hello All,

I have been using Mibble-2.9.3 and was attempting to parse TCP-MIB.

Now while parsing the table tcpConnectionEntry table row , the index for that table is

INDEX   { tcpConnectionLocalAddressType,
              tcpConnectionLocalAddress,
              tcpConnectionLocalPort,
              tcpConnectionRemAddressType,
              tcpConnectionRemAddress,
              tcpConnectionRemPort }

Now tcpConnectionLocalAddress is of type InetAddress which is defined in rfc4001 Textual Conventions for Internet Network Addresses.

My question is how do I determine the InetAddress type for MibbleValueSymbol of such a variable.

When I try to find the tag for the object that mibble returns it gives [UNIVERSAL 4] OCTET STRING (SIZE (0..255)) which basically means the object is of type OCTET_STRING

I need  a way to determine that this object is of type InetAddress . Can the mibble parser help with this ?

--
Regards ,
Mayuresh