mingw-cross-env-list

gtkmm2, fribidi, harfbuzz

From: Gerardo Ballabio
Subject: gtkmm2, fribidi, harfbuzz
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2022 18:57:59 +0200

Hello,
after quite some time I downloaded an updated MXE tree. I found issues
with these packages:
- gtkmm2: fails to build with repeated error messages of
GLIB_DEPRECATED_TYPE_something. I assume that the version of gtkmm2
(2.24.4) is too old for the version of glib. I checked on
download.gnome.org and there is a newer version (2.24.5). So I tried
building that and indeed it worked.
- fribidi, harfbuzz: downloading the source packages from the primary
URL (github.com for both) fails with a 404 error. Downloading from
mirror.mxe.cc works, so the packages actually build, but I suppose you
want to avoid that if possible. In fact, I found that MXE tries to
download .tar.gz files, but it seems that only .tar.xz are still
available on github.com (possibly .tar.gz were removed when a newer
version was released?).
The modified gtkmm2.mk, fribidi.mk and harfbuzz.mk are attached.
Please apply them.

Thanks
Gerardo