Re: FW: Monit for HP/UX

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Re: FW: Monit for HP/UX
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:08:26 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Christian Hopp wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
>
> > Jan-Henrik Haukeland <address@hidden> writes:

> > > Actually, I see now that this could be simplified to just:
> > >
> > >  SOURCE          := $(filter-out $(GRAMMAR) $(FILTER), \
> > >                     $(wildcard *.c) $(wildcard */*.c)) \
> > >                     $(GRAMMAR) process/address@hidden@.c)
> >
> > That last ')' is a bug, gurgle! BTW I see that the test for GNU make
> > was removed from the configure.ac, maybe we should put it in again or
> > at least document in the README that GNU make is required to build
> > monit?
>
> There is something better for that... I have seen somewhere that the make-
> file gives a reasonable error message if it is not called via GNU make.  I
> don't remember anymore which one it was.  But it couldNt be difficult.

Our real Makefile is call GNUmakefile and the Makefile has just an error
message that you have to use GNU make, cuz let me cite "If no -f option is
present, make will  look for the makefiles GNUmakefile, makefile, and
Makefile, in that order."

And if no GNUmakefile is found we can give the user the choice of starting
configure for him/her.

Christian

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113