Re: savannah

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: savannah
Date: 28 Feb 2003 14:38:04 +0100

Martin Pala <address@hidden> writes:

> I think suitable are:
>
> - redhat (>=7.3) ... i can take care for it
> - solaris (Christian made packages for Solaris7)
> - suse?
> - FreeBSD (i don't know nothing about their package managment)
> - HP/UX (i don't know nothing about their package managment)
>
> Debian and ALTlinux (Igor) contains Monit by default.

Let's limit ourself to support redhat and solaris at savannah, since
we have people to build those (Rory and Christian). If others step up
and voluenteer to create packages for other systems we can evaluate
that on a case by case basis. (As a curiosity, it looks like someone
has created a monit package for openbsd.
 http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ports/sysutils/monit/)

BTW it's great that you take responsibility for the packages at
savannah Rory!

Ps. I caught the flu last Friday and have been in sickbed since then,
but I'm starting to get back in shape now.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland