Re: Status 4.0

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Status 4.0
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 01:36:40 +0200

Christian Hopp <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
>
>> Martin Pala <address@hidden> writes:

>> *
>> > I looked on the presentation, i think it is very good. Maybe we can
>> > show more monit's power, but we should keep it as simple as possible.
>>
>> I agree, more tips & trics and showoff of monit would be good. I'm
>> cleaning it up right now, and I will check it in later this evening.
>> Please, check it out afterwards and add new stuff or suggest stuff and
>> I can add it.
>
> I find especially the graphical illustrations very appealing.  It makes it
> good to understand.  But it might be important to point out eveny more
> detailed... "Why monit?".   Those point you have mostly explained is
> mostly possible with other monitoring software.  But we should show the
> ready where monit goes beyond the classic monitoring software and more to
> "automated maintenance and repair".

I went dry working with the presentation. It may not look much but it
actually takes time. Right now, my single creative brain-cell went on
strike.. Please give me "text" to write or even better check-out the
presentation and add beatiful pictures and text and check it in again.

Ps. I know we need to write/illustrate something about dependencies,
especially now that Martin has added unmonitoring.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland