Re: [Carlos Fernandez Sanz] Removing slashes from monit URL...

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Re: [Carlos Fernandez Sanz] Removing slashes from monit URL...
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:57:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

> FYI: A clever trick. It's tempting to look into..

I have tried it out... I have removed all slashes from local hrefs, forms,
imgs and now I can use through apache.

In case the proxy engine is not running on apache you can use the
rewrite engine, too... most probably like...

   RewriteRule ^/monit/(.*)      http://iei1:2812/$1 [P,L]

Some remarks:

* of course you have use monit without SSL engine
* you have to allow everyone to be able to connect to you monit just host
  auth  you are using apache to auth the area (or you might have to
  set the same user:passwd auth to monit and apache) -> security thread!

CHopp

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113