Re: monit net.c

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: monit net.c
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:58:02 +0200

Hm,

i found the place where the problem occures, but i don't understand it. It happens if you use hostname, which is alias of the real name. For example:

www.underground.cz ... is alias for technomat.underground.cz

If you use IP address (81.31.2.202) or its real name (technomat.underground.cz) ping test woks good.

The problem is caused in icmp_echo() function (net.c) in gethostbyname(hostname). If alias is used it is resolved to bad address (probably gethostbyname error?)

Any ideas?

Martin

Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

CVSROOT:        /cvsroot/monit
Module name:    monit
Branch:
Changes by:     Jan-Henrik Haukeland <address@hidden>     03/10/18 12:46:35

Modified files:
. : net.c
Log message:
        Adding a guard against interrupt. It's strange though, I can ping some
        hosts but many I cannot ping (i.e. get a reply from) from monit but
        the standard ping program can. I'm wondering if there is something
        wrong in how the icmp package is built? Martin, what do you think?

CVSWeb URLs:
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/monit/monit/net.c.diff?tr1=1.41&tr2=1.42&r1=text&r2=text