centralized monitoring

From: Georges Toth
Subject: centralized monitoring
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 22:09:49 +0200

hi all,

monit is great for monitoring a sinlge host, but it's a bit inconvenient to
monitor a number of servers.
if i'm not missing anything, you have to login to every server to view it's
status.

my idea, was to have a central "server" which polls the monit "clients" every
x time to get it's stats (or in rt; when the website is requested)
.....with that design you have a single place where you can control your
servers from, or at first, a centralized place for monitoring your servers

that's a very very rough description of my idea...
but what do you think about it ??

--

regards,
Georges Toth