Re: stuff to work on

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: stuff to work on
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 02:34:20 +0100

"Rory Toma" <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm looking for the things that I should be working on in monit, and
> here's my list (no timetable yet)
>
> 1) /proc support for mac os X
> 2) Get current FreeBSD port working
> 3) add snmp support

Sounds like a good plan!

> anything else that anyone can think of?

For my part, I'm going to finalize a first version of m/monit, for
this I need to add XML output to monit so it is easy for m/monit to
parse the status. I was thinking about using this URL:

   http://localhost:2812/_status?output=xml

By adding an output specifier, we can make monit output various
formats. For instance for your snmp implementation you could use
(maybe?)

   http://localhost:2812/_status?output=snmp

and so on. I'll mail the planned XML format to this list before
implementation so we can discuss it first.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland