[monit-dev] synchrone monit

From: Eric Pailleau
Subject: [monit-dev] synchrone monit
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 14:00:51 +0200

Dear all,

I almost finish to write a prototype including inotify features in
monit.

This only need to introduce a flag HAVE_INOTIFY_H to be compliant with
old linux kernel and other unices that do not implement inotify.

If not, monit works like current versions, but if inotify is able,
all interesting events on watched files/directories are immediately
known by monit and can start a check on it.

This should introduce another function : validateNetwork  (or somewhat else)
because the main poll time should be used for socket/host test.

What the community can do :

- decide together what kind of inotify mask should be listened for events.

Example : for checksum : IN_CLOSE_WRITE IN_DELETE_SELF
          for uid / gid: IN_ATTRIB
          etc...

in the prototype is written the general code, this may be moved elsewhere .
I did not change structs but it could be better to store inotify file
descriptor identifier
in it.

I send you my job when finish for vote and may be integration (at least the
concept,
as far mainteners know the monit code better than me)

--
Salutations - Best regards - mit freundlichen GrĂ¼ssen