Re: [monit-dev] Settle feature

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: [monit-dev] Settle feature
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 16:34:54 +0100

Yes, I remember and thank you for the patch. What we plan to do is change the
whole poll-cycle based engine in Monit. Instead of cycles we'll use
"wall-clock" time so each service can be tested individually at different
times. The current every statement with its cron-like feature indicate what we
plan. I believe this may also help with your problem and render settle
unnecessary. If not, the new engine will make it easier to add this feature.

If you look at the source code for Monit now you will see that we are in the
process of refactoring and changing stuff. Most notably we have introduced
libmonit with high-quality code which is a stepping stone for our refactoring
plans. Refactoring of the engine hasn't started yet, but will soon.