monit-general

Re: Monitoring Desktops

From: Ron Kelley
Subject: Re: Monitoring Desktops
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 07:25:54 -0500

Another option to consider is a standard SNMP tool like LibreNMS.  We use Monit and LibreNMS to monitor our infrastructure - both Linux and Windows servers - with great success.  LibreNMs has traditional alerting (email, Slack, Pager Duty, etc), and you can create custom alert rules if needed (host has been down for x days).

Just food for thought…

-Ron