[Monotone-devel] Suggestions

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Suggestions
Date: 30 Jun 2003 09:04:25 -0600

I played with monotone a little this morning.  I managed to
successfully import an automake tree.

I've noticed that I can't run monotone commands from anywhere in the
tree -- only from the directory with the MT subdirectory.  This makes
sense, of course, but it isn't as convenient as possible.

Monotone could search up the directory tree looking for "MT", but then
only work on the appropriate subdirectory of the tree.

This mirrors how I often work with CVS: I work in some smaller part of
the whole tree when looking at status info, when committing, and when
making diffs.

Having MT_BRANCH and MT_DB in the environment is a bit unfriendly.
This is something that has always plagued CVS.  With CVS, if you use
multiple repositories, you may have to switch CVS_RSH back and forth
when switching tasks.  It would be much nicer if this info was stored
in the MT directory.

Tom