[Monotone-devel] Fixpoint Reached!

From: Marco Maggesi
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Fixpoint Reached!
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 10:59:26 +0200

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 03:41:59PM -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:

> graydon> tom, could you hazard a guess as to whether simultaneous automake 1.5
> graydon> <-> 1.7 compatibility is possible for our Makefile.am? or did too
> much
> graydon> change over those releases?
>
> 1.5 was a bad version.  It had a lot of bugs, as I recall.  Let's
> avoid it.
>
> I suspect the 1.6.x series would work ok for monotone.
>
> Tom

I have a self hosting monotone on my box!

Thank you very much for help and advices.

Indeed, I discovered that more versions of automake are installed in
my system (Gentoo) by default.  When needed, you have to specify the
exact version, e.g.,

  WANT_AUTOMAKE=1.7 autoreconf --install

I have no idea if this is gentoo specific.

Ciao,

  -- Marco