[Monotone-devel] Small problem with URL parsing

From: Johannes Winkelmann
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Small problem with URL parsing
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 00:07:57 +0100

Hi,

I recently found out about monotone and after reading through the docs I
have to say that I'm quite impressed and like its ideas a lot.

I was having a small problem though when setting up my own depot: it
seems that it's not possible to have dashes in the 'path' part of a URL
(network.cc/parse_url()).

Posting to my repo @ http://localhost/cgi-bin/depot.cgi always failed
with an error during url parsing: using some debug messages I realized
the path part of the url parsing failed (network.cc:60, parse_url()). As
far as I can tell (being new to boost/spirit) the dash in the expression
  chset<>("a-zA-Z0-9_-.~/")
is used as a range operator between '_' and '.'; I used the attached
patch for my builds to get rid of this problem. Maybe someone with
better knowledge of this code (Graydon? ;-)) can have a look at it and
comment.

Thanks for writing this cool piece of software
Best regards, Johannes
--
Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:address@hidden
Biel, Switzerland                http://jw.tks6.net