[Monotone-devel] updates towards 0.7

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] updates towards 0.7
Date: 01 Nov 2003 02:29:38 -0500

hi,

I've been somewhat busy since 0.6 making changes. noteworthy:

  - merged "group" specifications into URLs. now you must use
    http://host/depot.cgi/group and nntp://server/name.of.group. all
    the UI stuff massaged to handle this, and the db schema has
    changed slightly to accomodate it. you need to do "monotone db
    migrate" (backup your db first) and change your hook definitions
    as described in the docs to only return URLs, not URL/group pairs.

  - outgoing SMTP support, and mailto:address@hidden URLs. test case uses
    local qmail-smtpd if you have it.

  - support for tracking renames across multiple branch edges, merging
    renames, inferring directory renames, splitting rename+edit edges,
    etc. all in the form of special certificates attached to
    manifests.

  - some commands to explicitly view and manage the outgoing queue.

  - several major bug fixes in patch set inferrence, merge algorithms,
    networking code.

  - cvs import speedups, use of adns rather than gethostbyname, other
    minor UI tweaks and code cleanups.

anyways, aside from a couple doc extensions and really stupid UI bugs,
I'm pretty much happy to call this 0.7. if you have anything else you
think is pressing, or would like to file crucual bugs against this to
save the embarassment of another dud release point, now's the time.

-graydon