Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone 0.7 test report

From: graydon hoare
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone 0.7 test report
Date: 04 Nov 2003 11:32:27 -0500

Andreas Jellinghaus <address@hidden> writes:

> 1.) genkey -> entering no passphrase is not possible :-(

I guess that's a bug, sorry. it should probably support that.

> 2.) commit -> enterhing wrong passphrase causes many unhelpful error
> messages

also a bug.

> 3.) commit ->
> monotone: misuse: no default author name for branch 'openct'

this probably indicates you're running a debian machine (or similar)
which does not export $USER or $HOSTNAME. you'll need to either export
those environment variables or add an explicit get_author(branchname)
hook to ~/.monotonerc, such as:

function get_author(branchname)
        return "address@hidden"
end

perhaps I will add in some lua functions to call getpwent rather than
look in the environment. too many people are running into this problem
:(

> html file: please provide a single file with the complete documentation.
> many small html fragments are inconvenient IMO.

ok. I'll update the docs to this form as well. thanks for your
feedback.

-graydon