[Monotone-devel] oh, licenses! [Re: Problem when commiting]

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] oh, licenses! [Re: Problem when commiting]
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 18:14:44 -0400

Andre Nathan wrote:
with MIT/BSD, it seems that I lose the thing I want.
So, IMO, you don't loose anything at all.

mm, yes, "lose" is imprecise language. in a slip now familliar to people watching record labels discuss copyright, I meant "not get what I want" and I said "lose". my mistake.

so, "what I want" is enforced provision, to end users, of the source code for the libre parts of a program. I think source code is important.

I'm curious about what you want, which is not possible with LGPL. is it so troubling to put the proprietary parts in their own files and compile them separately?

-graydon