[Monotone-devel] Re: netsync problems, missing certificate

From: Peter Simons
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: netsync problems, missing certificate
Date: 30 Apr 2004 00:34:09 +0200

graydon hoare writes:

 > modify tests/t_netsync.at to do "what you did" to produce
 > the fault?

I may have a better solution ... I have run the test suite
on the client machine on which I pull the database and it
turns out, "make check" produces errors on this machine:

 22: exchanging work via netsync    FAILED (t_netsync.at:38)
 26: single manifest netsync        FAILED (t_singlenetsync.at:32)

The test suite log file is at:

  http://peti.cryp.to/testsuite.log

Anyway, in case that doesn't help: I am not sure I am up to
creating an automated test. These errors keep appearing in
everyday usage, it's very difficult to isolate what has
caused what to happen. I'll try if I can cook it down to a
HOWTO step-by-step list of what to do, that should be almost
as good. OK?

 > I have a suspicion that there's something wrong at a
 > communication or crypto level. which architectures are
 > these machines? can you reproduce it loopback on a single
 > x86 host?

No, the problems seem to appear only when network
communication is required. Maybe a marshalling problem? Both
machines involved are Linux/x86 machines with an almost
identical installation.

Peter