[Monotone-devel] Newbie Question

From: bdmon
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Newbie Question
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:13:04 +0100

3) I understand that the way that one can extract a file e.g. using 'cat'
is by giving the corresponding SHA1 hash of the file as the identifier. Am
I to take it from this that there is no way of extracting the file based
on its name?  (Thinking about that, it seems logical to me that I should
not be able to do that - if they were extractable by name the VCS would
only be able to identify the last version by name.)

Regards,
Bernard Devlin