[Monotone-devel] Keyword substitution

From: Tim Larson
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Keyword substitution
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 03:38:47 +0100

I just heard that svn does keyword substitution only in the client's
working copy, never on the server.  If we did that, then the sha1's
would not get messed up, and people could still have their keywords
expanded.  We could use a similar method as is used to handle storing
cr/lf's in a common form while translating them for different platforms.

I faintly remember someone else suggsting this idea, but since I could
not find it in the mail archives I thought I better mention it.

--Tim Larson