[Monotone-devel] strange diff message

From: Paul Friedman
Subject: [Monotone-devel] strange diff message
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:17:22 -0400

Hello all.

The diff message I get for a branch with two heads is this:

merging rename edge  ->
9c7e28ff0aa017150c94a95265ec896ecaff4e9c with  ->
9c7e28ff0aa017150c94a95265ec896ecaff4e9c
cert.cc:1097: invariant 'I(rename_targets.find(i->second) ==
rename_targets.end())' violated
db.execute("ROLLBACK")
monotone: fatal: std::logic_error: cert.cc:1097: invariant
'I(rename_targets.find(i->second) == rename_targets.end())' violated

Before this line is a series of lines
composing rename <file1> -> <file2> with <file2>

I have been running into the issue that this branch has multiple heads. The
branch had a rename of a directory structure (by another developer) and then
this problem arose. I pulled in his changes into my .mt database and tried to
work on the branch after pulling in his changes.

I was able to work around this multiple heads issue previously by doing a
monotone rename to the same directory structure as the other developer on my
local branch then committing this change. But this only worked to remove the
multiple heads problem initially. After the merge, after my rename change, I
have had no luck making changes locally to this branch without running into the
above diff (that or an "impossible rename" error message).

Any insight into how to fix this issue is greatly appreciated.

I have an ancestry graph if that would help (just didn't want to post that as
well).

Thanks.
Paul