[Monotone-devel] Developing with monotone

From: Richard Li
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Developing with monotone
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 13:53:12 -0400

Hi,

I've been looking at Monotone and thinking about how to use it for software development. Has anyone used Monotone in an environment which uses an integration server (for QA, continuous build, or whatever other reason)?

In a centralized system like Subversion, an autobuild system (say, CruiseControl) can continuously pull the latest code from the tree, build it, and run tests. In a distributed system, you can designate a central server by convention, but there is still a manual process required to integrate various patches. What do people generally do here? Is there a Montone equivalent to arch-pqm (http://web.verbum.org/arch-pqm/)? Or should I be thinking differently?

Thanks,
Richard