Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: compilation error

From: Badai Aqrandista
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: compilation error
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 02:30:52 +1000

Hi,

> Now that I've compiled monotone-0.14, I am pulling monotone source
> code from graydon's repository, but it keeps failing, saying
> 'monotone: read from fd 7 (peer off.net) failed, disconnecting'... I
> used the monotone executable from the source code and from the
> debian package...

bruce>That seems like some kind of network problem rather than a problem
bruce>with monotone, so I'd suspect a firewall or something between you and
bruce>off.net.

Hmmm, that's wierd...
I am using normal dialup... And I can successfully download big files...

Could anyone point me to wehere I can find the source of the error?

here's the complete error message:

$ monotone --db=monotone.db --key="" pull off.net net.venge.monotone
monotone: warning: doing anonymous pull
monotone: rebuilding merkle trees for collection net.venge.monotone
monotone: connecting to off.net
monotone: [bytes in: 2136550] [bytes out: 122064]
monotone: read from fd 7 (peer off.net) failed, disconnecting

Apologies if I keep asking this and if I missed something in the manual... I just want to get this running...

Thank you,
BA

In the market for a car? Buy, sell or browse at CarPoint: http://server-au.imrworldwide.com/cgi-bin/b?cg=link&ci=ninemsn&tu=http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au?refid=hotmail_tagline