Re: [Monotone-devel] Importing remote cvs repositories

From: Richard Li
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Importing remote cvs repositories
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 17:49:11 -0400

In CVS history is stored server-side, not client side. So, importing a checked out a branch wouldn't work because you don't have any history locally. I suppose in theory you could execute a bunch of cvs pserver-type commands to get history, but that would be incredibly slow and painful.

You could/should just copy over the remote CVS repo files since CVS has no database.

Matthew A. Nicholson wrote:

Is it possible to import a remote cvs repo? I see in the example the repo is local. It does not appear I can just import a checked out cvs branch either.