[Monotone-devel] Re: invariant failure

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: invariant failure
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 23:47:31 -0500

Derek Scherger wrote:

monotone: discarding debug log
monotone: fatal: std::logic_error: database.cc:769: invariant 'I(ident() != "")' violated

I'm not sure what this is all about, but it appears that someone/something is calling get_version (database.cc:769) with an empty id which seems kinda strange.

should be fixed now, let me know if you see it again. it's just a matter of making sure we only build [] -> [...] deltas, not [...] -> [] ones. turns out the invert operator didn't ensure that.

btw, I've also fixed the other bugs reported the past couple weeks, added a pile of pretty pictures and a rewritten tutorial section to the manual. it could use some proof-reading. I've no doubt it's both confusing and crappy. but you know, so was the old tutorial, so.. with luck this version is *less* confusing and crappy. at least now it describes networking and revisions in a single place :)

-graydon