Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Two bugs

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Two bugs
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 03:24:46 -0800

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 11:49:37AM +0100, Peter Simons wrote:
> Nathaniel Smith writes:
>
>  > Neither of these is a show-stopper, but I think they've
>  > both been hit by more than one person over the last few
>  > days, so figured it was worth letting people know what
>  > the solution is (and so people won't go crazy when their
>  > heads start mysteriously "disappearing"...).
>
> Out of curiosity: I have upgraded to 0.15 in the meanwhile
> and continue to track the repository at venge.net. Which
> branch should I use? It sounds like
>
>   net.venge.monotone.changesets
>
> might be the better choice? Or are these changes going to be
> propagated into the main branch frequently?

0.15 was released from .changesets; it was my understanding that this
was supposed to mark the end of .changesets and 0.15 was supposed to
be propagated or certed over to the main branch again.  However,
Graydon hasn't done this yet, and so I've been staying in .changesets
to avoid rocking the boat...

So short answer: for now, .changesets is the main branch.  Sometime
this will change :-).

"Of course, the entire effort is to put oneself
 Outside the ordinary range
 Of what are called statistics."
  -- Stephan Spender