[Monotone-devel] SQLite3 port available

From: Christof Petig
Subject: [Monotone-devel] SQLite3 port available
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:22:14 +0100

Hi,

after 4 hours work I have a sqlite3 version of monotone which passes the tests (test #23 is expected to fail on my machine IIRC).

First tests show a minor slowdown (1-2%) [I use sqlite3 to emulate the less efficient sqlite2 API] but my monotone database shrunk from 14MB to 12MB. IIRC database limits are much higher with sqlite3.

Possible future optimizations include using BLOBs to store sha1 values and patches (further reducing the size) and using query parameters (speeding it up).

   Christof

PS: Please note that I imported a CVS snapshot of sqlite3 so the code might contain bugs.

Available as net.venge.monotone.sqlite3 branch from off.net (includes ssh patches).