Re: [Monotone-devel] new ssh branch, success!

From: Nathan Myers
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] new ssh branch, success!
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 08:38:43 -0800

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 05:20:13PM +0100, Christof Petig wrote:
> Christof Petig schrieb:
> >Nathaniel Smith schrieb:
> >>In netsync.cc:
> >>-  virtual ~session() {}
> >>+  virtual ~session() {} //  if (str_p) delete str_p; }

Surely everybody here is aware that "if (p) delete p" is equivalent
to "delete p"?  In practice, it means str_p is compared to zero
twice.  I'm reminded of student assignments in which a variable is
assigned to twice, "in case the first one didn't take".

I haven't looked up the type of str_p, but if it's a character
array, the correct statement is "delete [] str_p".

Nathan Myers
address@hidden