Re: [Monotone-devel] Branches disappearing?

From: derek
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Branches disappearing?
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:53:12 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:

I just noticed that those branches do not exist at all in the
changesetified database (which is a separate copy).  Has anyone else
seen something like this?  It worries me a bit that things would get
so thoroughly lost.

There is/was a bug recently where branches (or maybe just heads) didn't appear but still did exist. Presumably you ran the changesetify process and then the branches didn't appear in the upgraded database? Can you check for the appropriate revision certs (db execute sql) and their associated revision ids to make sure they actually don't exist?

The biggest trouble is that I've had the time to commit new stuff to
the new database, and I would therefore feel very unsafe having to
redo the whole migrate+changesetify operation from scratch.

You might be able to re-migrate the old database and then use netsync to pull in anything not in your new database where you have done subsequent commits.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Derek