[Monotone-devel] Simulating modules?

From: Julio M. Merino Vidal
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Simulating modules?
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 12:21:37 +0100

Hi all,

I have multiple projects stored in CVS repositories.  Each of these is mainly
divided in two modules: 'src', containg all the program sources, and 'htdocs',
containing the web page for the project.

AFAIK, Arch also provides a similar feature through the use of categories
inside archives, which in turn have branches.

I'm wondering which could be the correct way to simulate this structure in
Monotone.  Should I simply make two different branches, one for src and one
for htdocs?  Or is it there any other way to do it?  Sorry if this sounds
a very basic question.

Thanks.

PS: After googling a bit, I found this thread:

        http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/monotone-devel/2004-06/msg00075.html

which talks about CVS modules, though it looks at them from a different POV
(treating modules as a mix of multiple top-level directories).

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <address@hidden>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/