Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone-devel Digest, Vol 20, Issue 40

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone-devel Digest, Vol 20, Issue 40
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:18:57 -0800

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 12:12:32PM -0500, B. J. Girard wrote:
> Hmm, okay, so there's no command to automatically check out the head of
> a branch? I have to use 'monotone heads', get the revision id, then feed
> it to 'monotone checkout'?
>
> Seems to me there should be a 'head' selector.

There probably should be a 'head' selector.  It's vaguely on my todo
list.  (Though, as Bruce points out, it isn't strictly necessary in
this case.)

There should probably also be an example on that self-hosting page of
checking out the head of the branch, since that seems like a normal
thing people will want to do if they've just taken the trouble to pull
monotone's history, and just making up commands to run doesn't seem to
be a very successful strategy ;-).  Unfortunately only Graydon can
update that page.

"On arrival in my ward I was immediately served with lunch. `This is
what you ordered yesterday.' I pointed out that I had just arrived,
only to be told: `This is what your bed ordered.'"
  -- Letter to the Editor, The Times, September 2000