[Monotone-devel] Access/cert questions...

From: Conrad Steenberg
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Access/cert questions...
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 16:40:40 -0700

Hi

I finally started using monotone 0.17 after lurking on the list and
watching it move forward. Thanks to all involved :-)

My questions are probably FAQs, so please point me to the part of the FM
that I should read:
- Do I have to restart a monotone server if I change the .monotonerc to
give more developers access to the server?
- Is there away to give e.g. read-only access to developers without

On a related note, I've worked a lot with X509 certificates which have a
notion of being signed by a certificate authority (like PGP keys are as
well). Someone probably already suggested it but, would it be useful to
add the notion of signed keys/certificates to monotone?

In my work the concept of a CA helps a lot with access control, in that
you can give r/w access to certs signed by a particular CA's cert, but
only read access to everyone else etc. without having to add their names
to a file individually.

Thanks

Conrad
--