Re: [Monotone-devel] Tracking an "vendor branch"

From: Matthew A. Nicholson
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Tracking an "vendor branch"
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 09:12:20 -0500

Nathaniel Smith wrote:
On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 11:04:28PM -0400, Kevin Greiner wrote:

  2. Now what? I have a copy of the 3.1 source tree but what do I do with
  it? The manual (bottom of page 12) says that MT can't deduce file or
  directory adds, deletes, or renames. But I'm really not interested in
  manually determining which files were added or renamed between 3.0 and
  3.1. I mean, there could be dozens of file changes. Surely there is a
  better way!

Hmm, I'd normally suggest replacing the working copy with the 3.1
source tree, then doing $ monotone ls unknown | xargs monotone add
  $ monotone ls missing | xargs monotone drop
but you may not have "xargs" available on Win32.  The next release of
monotone will let you say "--xargs=-" in this situation to get the
same effect, but 0.17 doesn't have that.  I dunno a better way to
script things on Win32.

-- Nathaniel

This of course still won't track renames, but such is life.

--
Matthew A. Nicholson
Digium