Re: [Monotone-devel] Newbie Questions (Partially philosophical?)

From: William Uther
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Newbie Questions (Partially philosophical?)
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 12:40:09 +1000

On 08/04/2005, at 11:41 PM, Jon Bright wrote:

Hi William,

William Uther wrote:
monotone: read from fd 5 (peer off.net) failed, disconnecting
address@hidden:~:Fri 8,  5:59PM]
Any ideas as to what might be wrong?

I was also pulling at this time and also having trouble. I suspect Nathaniel may have restarted the off.net server a couple of times to add someone's key. Retrying now may well work.

Ack. The fact that you need to take the db offline to add a key is somewhat of a problem, no?

Anyway, I tried again and things completed this time - Thanks for the tip. It seems that it didn't have to start from scratch, which was nice.

Be well,

Will         :-}

--
Dr William Uther                           National ICT Australia
Phone: +61 2 9385 6357               Computer Science and Engineering