Re: [Monotone-devel] Send patches as bug reports or to the mailing list?

From: Nathaniel Smith
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 22:44:17 -0700

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 10:19:12PM -0700, Eric Anderson wrote:
> I was wondering whether it is better to submit patches as bug reports
> on the savannah system, or just in e-mail to the mailing list.  Is
> there a preference?

We don't really have a very consistent policy on this.  Most people
send patches to the mailing list; patches sent to the bug tracker
probably won't be seen by most people, so are less likely to get
commented on.  OTOH, patches sent to the list have been known to get
dropped on the floor sometimes, which seems less likely to happen
indefinitely in the bug tracker...

So let us espouse a less contested notion of truth and falsehood, even
if it is philosophically debatable (if we listen to philosophers, we
must debate everything, and there would be no end to the discussion).
  -- Serendipities, Umberto Eco