Re: [Monotone-devel] some basic notes on object versioning

From: Georg-W. Koltermann
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] some basic notes on object versioning
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 13:32:26 +0200

Am Montag, den 06.06.2005, 02:52 -0700 schrieb Nathaniel Smith:
> Monotone ATM considers file resurrection to be impossible (as do all
> the other modern VCSes I can think of off-hand, though this
> particular corner isn't something I'm super-familiar with
> everywhere...).  What this means is that they enforce the invariant

I currently (have to) use ClearCase where directories are versioned.  So
you can remove a file (object) in one version of the directory and
simply add it later in another version of the directory.  Of course
ClearCase is more of a file and directory versioning system than a tree
versioning system, i.e. changes, merges, etc. are tracked per file or
directory.

--
Regards,
Georg.