Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: tid 539 clobbered tid 482

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: tid 539 clobbered tid 482
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 08:04:41 -0700

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 12:42:16PM +0200, Peter Simons wrote:
> Nathaniel Smith writes:
>
>  >> monotone: trying 3-way merge
>  >> monotone: misuse: tid 539 (blast) clobbered tid 482 (blast)
>  >
>  > I've never seen it before either.  Is the database available?
>
> Unfortunately not; it's proprietary source code. :-(
>
> Is there anything else we can do figure that one out? Debug
> information maybe?

Actually, Matt pointed out that there's a nice comment describing
exactly how to reproduce this in change_set.cc:

http://www.loglibrary.com/show_page/view/106?Multiplier=3600&Interval=6&StartTime=1117952588
but I still don't understand what that comment is talking about; I
can't see why the situation it describes is a problem.

(Graydon?  Any idea?)

"But suppose I am not willing to claim that.  For in fact pianos
are heavy, and very few persons can carry a piano all by themselves."