Re: [Monotone-devel] push: performace problem of the client

From: Zbynek Winkler
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] push: performace problem of the client
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 00:43:23 +0200

Eric Anderson wrote:

Zbynek Winkler writes:
> [ getting really bad push performance, CPU @ 100% ]

Try applying the patch from:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=13300
which is:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/download.php?item_id=13300&item_file_id=2573

And see if that fixes the performance problem.

I had the same problem, and the above change fixed it.  It should
apply cleanly to 0.19.
I went over the patch and it seems it should work. However, I am not able to test it, because I am not able to compile monotone. There are some files that need more than 256MB of RAM for compilation :(. My system got into a strange state while compiling them. Only kswapd thread was running and I was barely able to to login in the text console and issue proper kill commands (it took me over 15min). So it seem I will not be able to hack on monotone :( which also means I will be more hesitant to use it as well :(

Zbynek

PS. address@hidden RAM (laptop) + Debian + gcc-3.3
PS2. One unit test file takes about 70MB-150MB of RAM and about 5min to compile.

--
http://zw.matfyz.cz/     http://robotika.cz/
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic