Re: [Monotone-devel] Unwanted branch certs

From: Matt Johnston
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Unwanted branch certs
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 22:02:11 +0800

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 12:27:17PM +0200, Peter Simons wrote:
>  | monotone: beginning service on localhost : 5253
>  | monotone: accepted new client connection from 127.0.0.1:54214
>  | monotone: allowed 'address@hidden' read permission for 'system\.crypto.*'
>  | monotone: allowed 'address@hidden' write permission for 'system\.crypto.*'
>  | monotone: rebuilding merkle trees ...
>  | monotone: warning: Dropping branch certs for unwanted branch
> system.crypto.etc.mail
>  | [...]
>
> What does it mean for a branch to be "unwanted"? Especially,
> since it clearly _is_ wanted. Any ideas?

Looking at the code (paraphrased):

if (voice == server_voice)
  ok = app.lua.hook_get_netsync_write_permitted(name(), remote_peer_key_name);
if (!ok)
  W(F("Dropping branch certs for unwanted branch %s"));

I think that warning is actually that "the user doesn't have
write permission" (ie, check your hooks). The "allowed write
permission" printed earlier looks like it's always printed,
whether they have permission or not (since now the hooks
check permissions per-branch, not per collection/regex).

Could you check that your
get_netsync_write_permitted(branch,key) hook looks right? If
that is the problem, I'll look at making the printed output
more correct.

Matt