[Monotone-devel] Re: [cdv-devel] Precise cdv-merge algorithm overview

From: Antony Trupe
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: [cdv-devel] Precise cdv-merge algorithm overview
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:31:22 -0400

On 6/11/05, Bram Cohen <address@hidden> wrote:
Antony Trupe wrote:
> -Would I be writing a tool to use an existing implementation of the
> merge algorithm, or writing a tool that itself implements the algorithm?

The former, although since cdv-merge is written in Python you'll have to
write some C calling Python code or transliterate the merge code.

I decided to transliterate, and have made decent progress so far. recurse_matches(...) and unique_lcs(...) have both been implemented and verified, but I'm having a little trouble with the two classes, LivingStatus and FileState, and new_file_state(...), but mostly with new_file_state().

 I'm not sure what
"FileState([(line, (revision, i)) for (i, line) in enumerate(initial)])"
 in new_file_state does,

 and I'm not sure what weave is in
"class FileState:
    def __init__(self, weave):