Re: [Monotone-devel] moving branches from 2 db's to 1 db, first successf

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] moving branches from 2 db's to 1 db, first successful, second creates empty branch
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:28:25 -0700

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 01:06:10PM +0200, Marcel van der Boom wrote:
> I have created one.db, two.db and both.db with db init, read same key
> for address@hidden into all three.
> Then added a bunch of files in one.db branch com.example.one and a
> bunch of files to two.db to branch com.example.two and committed.
>
> Now I would like to have both.db to contain both branches, so i
> 'served' one.db with
> monotone -d one.db --rcfile=serveup.rc localhost:10000 com.example.*
>
> then
> monotone -d both.db pull localhost:10000 com.example.one
>
> All went well so far, both.db contains branch com.example.one and
> works like expected.
>
> then killed the server process and served up two.db with
> monotone -d two.db --rcfile=serverup.rc localhost:11000 com.example.*
>
> then
> monotone -d both.db pull localhost:11000 com.example.two
>
> The pull itself is successful according to monotone, but the branch
> stays empty.
> What am I doing wrong here?

That sounds like it should have worked; I can't say what went wrong
without more information... maybe if you could provide a script or
such that reproduces the problem?

"But in Middle-earth, the distinct accusative case disappeared from
the speech of the Noldor (such things happen when you are busy
fighting Orcs, Balrogs, and Dragons)."