Re: [Monotone-devel] Push can pretend it is successful while it is not

From: Matthew A. Nicholson
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Push can pretend it is successful while it is not
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:37:17 -0500

Richard Levitte wrote:
Nathaniel Smith writes:

Eh, yeah, the savannah one rather sucks.  Unfortunately, all the
bugtrackers I've spent much time with have rather sucked too, so I
have trouble getting really excited about upgrading my suck (though
I'm pretty sure we can do better than Bugzilla).  IOW, if someone
makes something better, I'll use it, but I'm not going to figure out
how to administer such a thing myself this week...
I _would_ love to have something that made it easier to manage "todo"
type lists, and was ergonomic to deal with (i.e., "it shouldn't take 5
minutes of clicking around to enter a bug") -- that could replace
things like http://venge.net/monotone/quickies.html ...

I already use RT, and could easily create more queues. Todo lists are quite easy to set up, just take ownership over the requests you want to deal with, and they will show on the page you get when you log in. There's also a FAQ manager that's easily integrated.
I'm also looking at otrs and have ben thinking about debbugs...
Anyhow, if you'd like me to set up a queue for monotone in RT, just say the word.
Cheers,
Richard

We use RT here, and hate it. We also use mantis (http://mantisbt.org), which works pretty well, and is much easier to use than Bugzilla which I also happen to dislike.

--