[Monotone-devel] i18n

From: Benoît Dejean
Subject: [Monotone-devel] i18n
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 18:15:07 +0200

Hi, i'm starting French translation of monotone. I'm attaching patchs
that add needed files and fixes some string usage.

F() is used everywhere which is fine, but not for i18n people. Most of
the 800 strings are not intented to user. There's also a lot of code
that does string surgery (see example in the patch). To fix this you(we)
need to :
- use F() everywhere
- split F() and _() / N_() / ngettext()

Moreover, many user strings are currently not marked for i18n, such as
help/usage.

fr.diff : add Fr i18n
setlocale.diff : fixed gettext initialization
surgery.diff : random i18n issues.

Thanks.
--
Benoît Dejean <benoit AT placenet DOT org>
JID: address@hidden