Re: [Monotone-devel] Explicit_merge fails with invariant 'I(cs_left == c

From: Christof Petig
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Explicit_merge fails with invariant 'I(cs_left == cs_right)' on monotone itself
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 10:23:02 +0200

Nathaniel Smith schrieb:
> So you're currently okay?  If so, I wouldn't worry about it too much;
> we know there are these annoying bugs in some of these complicated
> merge topologies, and we know how we're going to solve them, just it
> will take a little bit to implement...

I see you working like hell on net.venge.monotone.rewrites.path_handling
and I have merged my work (for now). Glad to see something done to this
usability killer (experiencing this more often than once would make me
look for different VCSs ... even if this has been the only annoyance so
far). Having several people experience unmergeable trees would kill
monotones good name for ever. So I was deeply concerned for its future.

   Christof

PS: nvm.ssh has a windows capable revision of the _serverless_ sync over
ssh and sync to a different database (via a pipe to a one time server).
I'm not overly sold to the syntax (mt sync file:///some.db net.venge*)
or the code duplication (in serve_single_connection and
serve_connections). So if you have any suggestions I'll implement it and
write the documentation once the syntax is sorted out.

PPS: The Windows implementation is not yet perfect. The select()
emulation waits for the timeout to occur even if the data is already
partially available. (easily fixable)