[Monotone-devel] Performance testing script

From: Eric Anderson
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Performance testing script
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 16:25:23 -0700

Attached are the two scripts that I use for performance testing.
perf-test.sh generates repeatable performance tests,
parse-accounting.pl parses the output of each test to generate a
table.  The scripts will work with or without the performance
accounting patches that I've sent to the list.  Obviously without the
patches, you only get the CPU time accounting information.

The scripts expect to live in the tests subdirectory, if they are
placed in the contrib directory, the perf-test.sh script will have to
be changed to find parse-accounting.pl in that directory.
        -Eric

Changelog entry:

2005-08-09  Eric Anderson  <address@hidden>

        * tests/perf-test.sh: A repeatable performance test harness
        * tests/parse-accounting.pl: A script that parses the accounting
        output into a nice tabular format