Re: [Monotone-devel] "informative_failure" even on brand new database

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] "informative_failure" even on brand new database
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:12:43 -0700

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 04:18:49PM +0200, Niko Matsakis wrote:
> ;monotone setup coro
> ;cd coro/jcoroc/
> ;ls
> CVS             build.xml       runant          third-party
> build           holding_pin     src
> ;monotone add build.xml
> monotone: adding jcoroc/build.xml to working copy add set
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'informative_failure'
> monotone: fatal: signal: SIGABRT (application abort requested)

This is a build system bug -- monotone's trying to show you a nice
error message, but unfortunately there's some C code between you and
the error message, and in 0.22 that C code isn't compiled in such a
way that it can handle exceptions thrown through it.

If you build mainline, it should be much clearer what's actually going
on.

That said, I'm not sure _why_ that operation would be giving any sort
of error...

Linguistics is arguably the most hotly contested property in the academic
realm. It is soaked with the blood of poets, theologians, philosophers,
philologists, psychologists, biologists and neurologists, along with
whatever blood can be got out of grammarians. - Russ Rymer